Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ethnic Beauty of the Week - Thatha Tshisa Thursday

Maybe I've been slacking on posting. Just been one too many things on the plate. I'm thinking the posting schedule for the EBOTW will now be every Thursday on what I will call Thatha Tshisa Thursday. For the Ndebele challenged that just means hot in a way that the English language can never quite capture.

Today's lady is another South African artist, Zamajobe.
A few stats on her:
  • Zama has always been inspired by arts and culture, which is yet another element that is evident in her musical expression as well as that of her way of life.
  • Creativity is in every fibre of her being. Not only does Zama write her own songs, she has also spent a year doing Latin American dancing professionally and thrives on the entertainment industry as a whole with very ambitious plans and strong visions to venture out into different aspects of the industry over the next couple of years.
  • Through participating in the SA Idols competition (2003) and making it to the Top 10, Zama’s ability to showcase her talent was also accompanied by a deeper experience of handling the media and being in the spotlight, a place where she is clearly going to evolve in for a very long time to come.
      • Extracted from Zamajobe - Biography- http://www.zamajobe.co.za/
I love her music, it's mellow chill with your mate stuff. Her song Magic is my favorite due to it's laid back nature. It's taking it back to old South African R&B. I can honestly see myself on the dance floor with my lady doing some Chicago stepping to this song and we all know I can't dance.

No comments: