Thursday, September 22, 2011

Would you or wouldn't you

An acquaintance of mine has been participating in some extra curricular activities with someone she shouldn't be. At this point it's an open secret-- facebook don't lie [Miss Cleo voice]-- but her girl doesn't know or chooses to ignore, I'm not sure which. Now a few nights ago I got a text asking me if I could say we had hung out on such n such a day if her girl asked to which I replied I couldn't. I said I couldn't not because my personal ethical code wouldn't let me, but because I was simply out of state which was something that could be verified easily --again facebook don't lie--.
So my question is thus, would you or would you not lie if such a matter were presented to you? Tweet back or comment or smoke signal... whatever works for ya.

3 comments:

SunSoakerB said...

Nope, I would tell her look for some other accomplice. As much as your can't tell people how to live their lives and I don't give unsolicited advice, I would not tell her not to do what she was doing, but just don't involve me.

Anonymous said...

I would NOT want to get involved. I would definitely say no.

Mimi said...

Oh my god Ty please don't help this woman to lie to her girlfriend. It's one thing to be a non judgemental friend who just observes quietly from the side, which I have done many times and tried not to get involved (which is an of itself has some moral implications I won't get into), but if you lie for her, to her lover, you are as responsible for her cheating as she is. You are messing with someone's version of reality. It's a HUGE deal.... don't do it homie.