Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Home again

To be home again.... quite nice. I've been travelling some over the last 2 weeks and am finally back in Chi hopefully for the next 2 weeks. I've covered both coasts and seen a good many people. 

Today I flew back from the west coast. I'd gone to see my best mate. It was without question the most fun that I've had in a very long time. I laughed more than I have in a long time, annoyed her to no end and loved just being me. Beauty of where we were was that my gender bending ways were not a cause for stares and glares. I was my flaming self and noone looked twice. Contrast that with the day when I flew out of here and got a pat down till the guy figured out I was female and was like "O you can go". 

Today's return trip was no different. Yes I had on a jacket so maybe my swagger was more masculine than feminine but seriously, I'm standing in front of you getting a tkt and you keep referring to me as sir ... WTF! Throw in the lady at the airport burritto spot in Phoenix who was staring daggers across the counter at me. I was about to say something to her because it was getting a tad uncomfortable. I merely wanted lunch. There's always the possibility that she has not met androgynous queers before and I threw her for a loop, but openly staring is not cool. Sneak a glance or somn. I did have the pleasure of someone eyeing me up and down and smiling so that kinda made up for things.

On a different note the flight back was the bumpiest flight ever. Talk about make a milkshake while flying. The take off was shaky to say the least ... u r on the runway and can feel the plane being pushed by the cross winds.  The pilot deserves a hand cause about 100ft or so into the air, before the wheels were even in, the plane was swaying. Pilot kept us on track though. I was in the last row and literarily holding up the john walls. That in and of itself was not cool, but at least I had an aisle seat. Everything is amplified in the rear and the turbulence were no exception. It's a miracle that I fell asleep and was out for more than half the flight.

Anyway back to regular life now. Should be back blogging regularly on this, that and everything in between.

No comments: