Saturday, January 22, 2011

O the joys of loving women

Today I wended my way to service because I needed to have a word with the Lord in person ... yeah He's everywhere but you know there are times when only  a church pew will do for the conversation you want to have with Him. And you know you really want to have said conversation if you are willing to battle a -4F wind chill and black ice.

So what great conversation did I wish to have? Well it was merely to apologize for having the impurest of thoughts when it comes to women ... and a few other things. Well it's 3 ladies in particular.

One is spoken for [the Lord did say thou shalt not covert another man's wife].

The second is technically no longer spoken for and is therefore fair game in theory. I gotta praise the Lord every time I see her... the Lord was good to her.

The third is sorta betrothed. Sorta because someone sorta asked and a maybe was sorta given but distance [many timezones] and faithfulness are major factors that might result in it all going the way of the dodo.

Now being a practicing [who invented this word] celibate and all, my imagination on the other hand is making full use of it's right to entertain me with the thoughts of these 3 ladies.

Sometimes I think I am single-handedly giving queer Christians a very bad name. I have surely earned an all expenses paid trip to Hades.

No comments: