Wednesday, February 3, 2010

An incorrigible flirt

Confession: I am a flirt. I smile at and chat up women because I can. Confession: I am also an introvert. I get struck by bouts of shyness on and off.

When I flirt with someone it's not about my getting a number / facebook name / twitter account, I could care less about them. I am genuinely curious about what makes people tick so I ask a lot of follow-up questions (nothing too personal) which as it turns out is the holy grail when talking to some women. I want the person that I was talking to to say to themselves, that person was interested in knowing me and not looking for a segue to talk about themselves.

Forgive my ego but it is also fair to state that I have a smile that has served me well. I've had women say to me on several occasions at networking events or presentations, I can't remember your name but I remember your smile would you mind if I sat next to you since you are the only person that I know. An instant ego boost for it means the last time that we met I evidently did not make an arse out of my self and you thought enough of me (as in figured I was not a creepy perv) to take another chance with talking to me.

image from http://blogs.theage.com.au/lifestyle/asksam/im-a-flirt.jpg

No comments: