Friday, May 20, 2011

Now to start unpacking

Hey folks,
How are y'all doing this fine week? Happy, tired, hungry ... [insert mood here]? After a rollercoaster week I must say I find myself fairly relaxed today. Had time to do some car maintenance ... you know I'm not afraid of a little grease ... as well as hang out with fam.

  • I recently relocated from the Windy and have started my new job. Should be an interesting summer by the looks of things.
  • I love having friends who are down for a night of chilling and not doing anything. I had missed that aspect of my life and look forward to building a better harmony between the activities in my life. 
  • I was watching mama Oprah's all time favorite guests and saw the segments with Dr Tererai Trent, a fellow country woman of mine. She overcame adversity and found her way to the US to pursue her educational goals. She recently earned her doctorate and is working to build a school in her village in Hurungwe. She is selling tshirts as part of her fundraising efforts and I encourage you to support her worthy efforts to educate her fellow villagers. [I know mama O donated $1.5 million to help with the project, but we all know education ain't cheap and every extra dollar helps.]
  • O and shout out to SweetT who came out to her mama last weekend. You go girl!
  • And finally Happy Birthday to the future Mrs Ty aka White Orchid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Ty!!!!! *cheek kiss* *HUG*