Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Half Penny Post: Relationships

I've been back from DC for a whole day and I must say I enjoyed the time away. I spent Monday night in DuPont. That is one hell of a gayborhood. I enjoyed watching the couples walking around. A special ddaaaaammmmmnnnnnnnn goes out a mama cita who was riding her Ninja out there. She looked mad hotttt. I was preparing to walk up to her and get a convo going when her girlfriend came out of the coffee shop... sad sad but lucky bugger that girlfriend of hers.

On my way home this evening I saw these 2 high school students who are a couple. They were so cute together. I've seen them several times but today they just looked extra cute.

I was thinking of what I consider deal breakers when it comes to potential mates. Top of the list is smoking. That is the one thing that I will not budge on. I do not like the lingering smell of smoke on clothing. There is only so much Febreezing that I'm willing to do. Smoke also triggers my allergies in some instances.

Another deal breaker is conversation. Are you able to have a conversation on something other than the weather and public transit? The sex could be banging, but if you can't hold a conversation, that's it.

Should we ever find ourselves heading towards cohabitating (and trust me I will wait for a hella long time before pulling this stunt), I am not willing to move into their place because it is still their place even if we share the bills. We are going to find a place and sign the lease together. It's our place. I prefer keeping my own space because I am a fan of personal space. If we piss each other off, I like being able to leave you and go back to my own place. I will also annoy the hell out of someone with some of my habits. There are some routines that I do not deviate from and I know it drove my sister nuts when we used to share a place. I like things a certain way and if they are not I do get agitated (can't think of a better way to put it). I can't help it. It's also one of the things that makes it hard for anyone to date me.

I'm otherwise willing to compromise on just about everything else.

Sorry to cut this post short ... gotta attend to homework.

2 comments:

Journey_Wmn said...

the convo one is a MAJOR deal breaker for me!
Also you need to be able identify and discuss, sexism, racism and heterosexism. Because if you can't we just can't be together I'm sorry.

readyornot said...

good list. you should post about the things you're looking for most too. i agree about the convo and not smoking being huge.