Saturday, April 4, 2009

Half Penny Post: Weekly Rundown

Sorry this is late. I plum forgot to do it yesterday. Onto the rundown...
  • Spring's here ... NOT. Chi weather is a hot mess. I still have my winter gear out and am using it.
  • Speaking of Chi, the roads in this town are too much. Were it not for the olympic Committee being in town, I swear they's be a helluva lot worse.
  • There's been a barrage of birthdays. Friends and family all adding a year to their tally. Next week I'll be uping my tally as well.
  • My mom turns 50 today. Happy birthday to her. All she wants now are grandkids. All her other siblings have several each. My mother has no son-in-law or daughter in law for that matter.
  • It's been a really rough couple of days. I had one full on anxiety attack this week which is worrisome because it's been a while since I've had one. Insomnia has kicked in and it's not a pretty picture.
  • My dad (whom I almost never write about) was really sick last week. Had us worried for a second. He seems to be on the mend so we'll put faith on that.
  • I just watched the Chinese Botanist's Daughter ... movie had me looking for Kleenex at the end. Beautiful. Escapism is high up on my list of things to pursue.
  • On the job front, I had one networking event and one informational interview. Everything that people keep recommending costs mucho dinero. I'm a bloody student whose parents do not foot the bill. Loans are not an option right now. I understand that where there is a will there is a way, but this week, it's been tough seeing that. My resume yet again underwent a revision. I now have several variations of the resume for each industry that I'm looking at .
  • I wrote my philosophical ponderings on who I am and decided not to publish them. A therapist would have a field day with the post. I'll probably post an editted version later though.
  • School's started up and I have 2 interesting classes. One is quite technical the other just is. I'm also going strong with the French lessons so that's the equivalent of another class.
  • I now know how to compile a thesis thanks to a friend of mine who needed a hand with putting hers together. If you need a hand holla, I've almost got this nailed down.
  • I think Montreal is the next stop for me when I leave Chi. That's what my gut's telling me anyway. Gotta start laying down the ground work for that.
Ty

1 comment:

readyornot said...

oooh. montreal sounds like a good move. i'll keep your pops in my thoughts.