Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Travel: ATL - DC - COL

Over the past weekend I took a wee bit of a road trip. For a total of 81 hours of travel and some 2200 miles I rode through 10 states. I don't want to sit in a car again for that much time for a LONG TIME.

In Atlanta I met several queer ladies. I caught breakfast (at 5am) with someone at a diner in North ATL and I met 2 couples. Person I was with did not believe me when I first pointed them out and said they were lesbian couples. Anyway after breakfast we were paying and one of the ladies calls me over. They then ask me if the person that I was grabbing breakfast with was my girlfriend. Guess we was looking quite chummy and my habit of rubbing her head might have given them that idea. Anyway I tell em no & they apologize for thinking I'm gay & I tell em it's all good cause I am. They then invited us to an event. Would have loved to attend but I had other states to visit during this trip.

Second queer group was a pair of studs that I met while catching dinner in ATL. We gave each other the head nod that's family recognizing family.

Second official stop was DC. Had to see my sis. I love her new place. It was nice to just kick it with her. We did spend a lot of time talking over things and plans for the next year. No sight seeing on this trip. On my way to DC I saw several car accidents and 1 that was a 10 car pile up. They had to close down the interstate for at least 2 hours. The car that started it had no doors and roof. Front was smashed up and I'm fairly certain noone got out of that car alive. The rest of the cars in the pile up had moderate damage and most of the occupants walked out of their own cars.

Third official stop was Columbus, OH. Had to stop by and see the bro. He's looking pretty good and I like his new place too. I also stopped by to see a friend's mom and dad who were in town from Kenya. I try to see them every time that they make it in. Took the bro wit me to see em and they were pleasantly surprised to see him.

I had hoped to stop by and see my new "nephew" Cole on the drive back but I ended up leaving Columbus later than planned.

3 comments:

EvolvingContradiction7 said...

Sounds like you trip was never boring... did you sleep any?

TYR said...

Sleep is over rated ... NOT. I was up for a 32 hour stretch at one point during the trip. I clocked no sleep on Thurs night, 8 hours on Fri, 2 hours Saturday, and 6 on Sunday. I was half asleep at work on Monday morning.

readyornot said...

aw, that's dope that you met some other queer peeps. you really stay on the go! glad to hear you made it to my hometown. :-)