Friday, January 22, 2010

What I've been up to

I've been absent for a while and I promised a reason or two in explanation.
Firstly I spent some time helping to take care of my niece. Anyone who's spent some QT with a newborn knows that you sleep when the baby sleeps. That also meant I was on bottle and baby holding duty more often than not and I loved it!

Second reason, well I was just plain lazy. It was my first proper vacation (as in stayed in one place relaxing) in almost a year. Time spent with family is the best. I saw both the sibs and went to Ohio to visit my extended family. It was awesome!

Now back toTy jr, who happens to be my pride and joy. She has an awesome collection of names. Her initials are N. M. L. M-B (yeah she has two last names). She will have fun learning how to write them all down. It will unfortunately make it a lil harder to get stuff monogrammed for her but I look forward to customizing the hell out of stuff as soon as I can afford it.

I also started a new job this week and I'm interning as an Continuity / Risk Analyst -- same place as my previous job. I have started on my career and that is enough to make me get up every morning bright and early even though I am not a morning person. Right now my job ties in rather nicely with the volunteer work that I am doing with the RC.

2 comments:

EvolvingContradiction7 said...

Congrats on the new job and your niece. Hopefully you will get to see her again soon!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the beginning of your career!!!! Much success! :)