Thursday, March 18, 2010

Crushing on a librarian

I am soo crushing on a librarian right now. I go to the library every other week on the same day at the same time before work because I know she's in. My guess is she's either straight and well read or totally gay. I've been reading Sarah Waters' books (Tipping the Velvet, Fingersmith etc) and she has read em too so we usually have a mini discussion before I take my stuff and leave.

Today I had a problem with my patron record (couldn't renew books) so we chatted for a minute while she worked on it. I wished her a good spring break and said I'd see her after it or during is she was around. She said she'd be around so you know that means I'm requesting books over the weekend so that they are delivered on Wednesday with a Thursday pickup. I'm sure at this point she knows that I get my stuff on Thurs on purpose.

I recall with great sadness the times before I came out. I was a library assistant back then and there was a patron who came in like clockwork. When my schedule changed she also started coming in on the new days that I worked. We would chat about this and that while I got her stuff. We both loved foreign language films so we were always trading titles. Sometimes she'd jus stop by to chat. I now kick myself for not inviting her out to coffee or something cause she really was a cool chick.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ty!

I understand about the missed opportunities...I have plenty.

My gaydar is going off on this girl based on the titles you said she read. Lol I am excited for you.

EvolvingContradiction7 said...

Yea sounds like she is lesbian to me! I think she enjoys the chats as much or maybe even more than you do (if it were me I would look forward to the thursday conversations). Ask to hang out with her on her lunch break or something. LOL I shouldn't be giving you advice you, you probably have lots of tricks up your sleeve. But I would love to hear more... It made my writing papers day a exciting. Have fun!

TYR said...

@ SweetT & @ Evolving
Lets hope both your gaydars are correct.

@Evolving
Glad I brought some excitement into paper writing. Let's hope I don't get tongue tied when it comes to asking. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

LaconicIcon said...

Methinks she could be down. Keep doing what you're doing. She's entertaining you, so that's definitely a good sign. Good luck! *high five for crushing on a chick who reads more than Zane novels*

readyornot said...

AWWW.

I like this because if something happens: AWESOME

And if nothing happens it's still heaps of fun AND good reads.

You really can't lose. And it sounds like you're off to a great start.

Yayz. :-p

sheenasays.com