Thursday, March 25, 2010

Weekly Rundown

2 years of blogging and 300 posts later we find ourselves here.
  • First up the librarian. I stopped by as planned and got a big ass grin from her when I walked through the door but there was a patron who would not leave. I went to another section to pick up a book to buy time (I have the digital version of it but shhh). By the time she was free I was in danger of being late for work but it was worth it. We chatted briefly and I finally asked her what her name was (7 weeks later). No I'd never asked. I told her mine and got this really cute smile out of her. Turns out she has wondered which name I go by since I have all my names on my ID. I know I sound like a sixteen year old, but I can help it.
  • The job search continues, had a really good interview and am on to round 2. Evolving recommended that I check out the east coast for jobs with H-1 sponsorship opportunities so we'll see what we can find. It's been Business Continuity Awareness week and I've made some contacts in the field who work abroad and they've been great about sharing resources.
  • The apple of my eye continues to grow and discover things. My sister got a new phone with a better speaker phone so my niece and I "chat" more often. I talk she listens then she makes baby noises and I listen. We can do this for a good 5 mins if she's fed and dry.
  • Workout's kicking ass. I've had to up the intensity a bit because I am feeling extra frisky and there is still a whole week of Lent left. I walked 8.4 miles in 2h 23min on Tuesday which is roughly 3.5mph. That is a personal best for me.
  • I forgot to add this last week. Kudos to Naomi on Skins' season finale last week (t'was my guilty pleasure) for bringing the story of her relationship with Emily [image above] full circle with the speech that made the episode . I quote
I've loved you from the first time I saw you; I think I was 12. It took me ... three years to pluck up the courage to speak to you. I was so scared of the way I felt; you know, loving a girl, that I became a sarcastic bitch just to make it feel normal. I screwed guys to make it go away, but it didn't work. When we got together it scared the sh-t out of me because you were the one person who could ruin my life.
I pushed you away. I made you think things were your fault, but really I was just terrified of pain. I screwed that girl Sophia to kind of spite you for having that hold on me. And I'm a total f--king coward because I got these ... these tickets for us for Goa three months ago.

But I couldn't stand ... I didn't want to be a slave to the way I feel about you. Can you understand? You were trying to punish me back, and it's horrible. It's so horrible because, really, I would die for you. I love you. I love you so much it is killing me.
Have a good weekend folks!

No comments: