Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekly Rundown

  • Aaah the joys of going out and finding a full time job as a foreign national. I have been working the job search line of business over the past 2 weeks. I am talking networking events, job fairs / hiring events, craigslist (don't knock it - I get freelance work off of it), [IT ares] camps. Name it if I could fit it into my calendar, I made it out there. I am a lot more motivated right now so I'm riding the wave and creating waves of my own.
  • It's been 3 weeks now and I've managed to stick to my workout schedule. My goal is to up the muscle (tone up) and trim a bit of the body fat. Granted I am already on the lighter side of the spectrum so I'm not so much worried about the body fat portion of the program. It's the adding muscle and keeping it that is giving me grief. Come summer I want a body that women will hate me for having at the beach because trust me, I will flaunt it. I am working out at home (or the beach) as I decided to go the more natural route and use bodyweight & regular food. Side note: I still can't do a proper push up which is disconcerting - I can finally do the knee cheat one properly though.
  • I get to see my niece next Sunday and I'm ecstatic. She is getting cutter by the day and looks more like her mom. Incidentally, I'm reliably informed that she looks like me when she frowns or goes into full baby giggle mode. She will break many a heart.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

1 comment:

EvolvingContradiction7 said...

I am in your boat trying to get my resume every where I can. Good luck! Glad to hear that your workout plan is working. Does it have anything to do with Lent?