Thursday, June 17, 2010

Weekly Rundown


  • Behold my first official pizza made from scratch ... crust n all. Crappy phone photo I know but you get the gist. I nailed the texture of the crust so for the next one I'll sneak some extra seasoning into it to make it more flavorful. I need to improve the sauce since it's cheeseless. BTW topping was ground beef, spinach and beans with my 2 second sauce.
  • No librarian edition this week. I had a RUG [not the floor covering] meeting and couldn't get back to the library on time.
  • I toured the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and got to see some floor trading take place. You need to have 20/20 vision to work in that place and know a hell of a lot of hand signals. The guy who took us on the tour gave us a crash course on the hand signals and I was beyond ecstatic when I watched a guy on the floor complete a transaction and figure out about half of what he was signaling. It doesn't take much to make me happy.
  • You know it's time to give up the mid twenties spiel when your silver hair starts to bring a friend to the party.
  • Random Quote: What's the difference between a violin and a fiddle? A violin has strings... a fiddle has strangs!
  • Evolving has a job straight out of the gate ... go girl go!
  • My niece is moving closer to me next week ... yay! I will now have a 5.5 hour drive to go see her.
World cup randomness continues
  • Spain got their arses kicked by the Swiss ... unheard of. France's loss to Mexico ... we have officially found the rip in the space time continuum. I've had to throw out 2 of my soccer brackets.
  • My beloved Hondurans lost, but Uruguay routed South Africa and made up for it.
Summer's here! Have an enjoyable weekend folks!

1 comment:

EvolvingContradiction7 said...

Although I do not eat beef that pizza looks good! How long did it take you to make it? Yay! your niece is moving closer! Thanks for the shout out! Maybe next week we will read about you and the librarian. Did you two plan a meet yet? Have a good weekend!