Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Rundown

I have been on a roller coaster ride for the past 2 weeks and was beginning to wonder if I could get off. I have always maintained that the state of one's life is a matter of perspective. Well my perspective today is that mine's one bleeping bleep of bleep. Tomorrow it will probably be different. Whining ahead ... you have been duly warned.

First up the highs. I was all set to break bread with the librarian this week. I had finally gotten myself sorted out and had a day and time set out for the victuals. Yay for me right! Then life happened and here I was afraid of jinxing the date. Anyway I won't see the fair woman for another 2 weeks and that is pure torture.

Next high pertains to the other woman in my life, my niece. I am convinced she is going to turn into a little Ty. Not the queer part, but personality wise. She loves to "read". She'll hold her little book, upside down, and actually mimic the reading action of turning the page the same way my sister does when she's reading to her. Kids grow up soo fast.

Onto the lows. It's not soo much that life itself is crappy, it's a few situations that I've found myself in recently that have me thinking buggering hell. I'm past the what else could go wrong phase and have gone straight to the bring it on. I know I will get out the situations, it's just hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, hell at this point I'm not even sure if it's sunlight or an oncoming train.

I had some hard decisions to make and what I finally decided was my course of action makes me feel like I'm regressing from a career standpoint. It is however for the best in the long run. I just have to suck it up for the next 4 or so months. I'm also hating having to explain myself 101 times and am definitely coming off as defensive when asked [PMS is probably not helping]. I know what I want and while I value input from the people in my life, I sometimes wish they would just say okay and leave it at that. Yes it's a skeletal plan, but I can't flesh out what I don't know. I have prayed on it and meditated on it and my gut says run with it. All that I need is the basic framework because God will help me fill in the rest as we go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, your niece is so adorable! So cute!

You are killing me with the librarian. I am so anxious. Lol

I hope your lows work themselves into highs.