Thursday, April 22, 2010

Weekly Rundown

Iiiiiiiit's Friday! I get to see my niece [<--] in all her teething glory next Wednesday ... YAY! Can't wait.
  • First up is the librarian. We had a really good conversation, so good in fact that I was 10 minutes late for work even though I got there 5 mins earlier than usual.
  • Next up ... I made CERT! I passed and am now officially a green helmet wearing, card carrying member of Chicago CERT. Each year roughly 60 civilians [+ police, reserves, etc] have the honor of getting certified in the Chi. It took me 3 tries to get in but I did and I am as proud of my CERT helmet as most people are of their diplomas.
  • Third... interviewing just got a little more interesting. I love going to interviews where they stress business casual because I am more relaxed. The questions are asked in a more creative manner and when was the last time that you discussed the virtues of dual 21" monitors during an interview or the joys of ice-skating or why walking along the lake front is more invigorating than walking along the side streets.
  • Has anyone seen Ciara's video for Ride? Umm well take a moment and view it. My jaw landed somewhere between my keyboard and mouse. She makes me want to work out 5 days a week instead of 3 among other things.
  • All in all a really good week compared to last.
  • Have a good one folks!

2 comments:

readyornot said...

a. your niece is gorgeous!
b. wow! congrats on CERT! woo-ha. ::just lifted my beer, and said cheers, in your honor.::

www.sheenasays.com

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!! Yay!!!! I absolutely love it when people work hard and achieve their goals. :)

Your niece is so darn cute! I smiled instantly when I saw her picture.

I am anxious to see what happens with the librarian... I am all giddy. Lol