Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday Beat and Tuesday Randomness

I know I know, y'all are thinking I forgot to post today's music ... well I did. With good reason, at least I thought it was a good reason. I was focused on my job search activities you see and had some prepping for this morning's activities. Good reason right? Well that and I was looking forward to kicking it with the librarian. Yes she's wifeyed up but that doesn't mean we can't be friends. I love talking to her. Today we ended up talking about Einstein's book since I'm reading it. I want a woman as well read as her dammit.

I love going to furniture stores to see how furnishings are staged. I have picked out a bed that I like [size and sturdiness do matter] in addition to a dining table that I really like [simple 10 seater butcher block top with bench seats]. See my theory on furniture shopping is whatever you buy, you have got to be able to use it as a shagging surface. I plan to shag my partner on every surface in the house - horizontal, vertical and everything in between - so sturdiness is key. Yes I said it! I want bamboo flooring. Linoleum & vinyl burn are just as bad as rug burn so that is out. Stone flooring is just too cold. When you visit my future home know that every surface has been duly christened.

Last bit of randomness ... I want to experience happiness. Really truly out of my mind deliriously happy. If I had wings I would fly kind of happy. It's been a while since I've experienced that type of happy. You lose everything and forget what it means to experience true happiness. It really has very little to do with having possessions, those I will replace in due course. It's an internal joy that I need to find within myself.

Today's beat is from the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir - I never lost my praise.
I never lost my hope,
I never lost my joy
I never lost my faith
But most of all, I never lost my praise

* image taken from http://mahalanobis.twoday.net/stories/180139/

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Linoleum and vinyl burn? Did you just make that up or do these things actually exist? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. That thought will keep me laughing for the rest of the day. As for the happiness, it often helps to have an idea what it is that might make you feel this delirious kind of happy. They say drugs or love, which is actually like a drug anyway, give the quickest hit. I suggest the latter.

TYR said...

Try it on a linoleum floor and let me know your findings ;).