Sunday, November 23, 2008

Half penny post: Finals

For the past week I've been battling final projects and finals. We are on the quarter system so we are sprung before Thanksgiving. Great I have 6 weeks off, not so great the stress before Thanksgiving. By the time you get to Turkey day all you want to do is sleep not hang around with the family. One more day and I'll be done and I can't wait.

I have to salute Sheena of the site sheenasays for eating those sea slugs. For a description of taste she says "for the curious: sea slugs are super slippery and slimy. the texture is “bouncy”. uhh, yea. kind of like jelly meets oyster meets octopus. (meets your mouth!)" Again hats off to the woman...

Now it being exam week I needed something to take my mind off the books and I watched the movie Rome & Juliet which is Filipino. I watch a lot of foreign language films in my spare time, mostly Bollywood, but I've never been known to turn down an international film. Yes I specialize in subtitles. Anyway Rome & Juliet took me a minute to get into but once I got invested in the story I couldn't stop watching it. Best way I can summarize it is Imagine Me & You story line with more that you can get behind. Some of the acting is questionable but I still think it is worth a watch if you can read fast and fill in the blanks. See below for a sampler of the movie
Rome and Juliet, is about two lovers, all right, but the main characters in the film are two women. It tells of the romantic journey of Juliet (Andrea del Rosario), a conservative pre-school teacher who hires Rome, a liberated wedding planner, to take charge of the preparations for her upcoming wedding. Thrown together by circumstance, the two women become close and develop a romance that becomes a huge scandal after the groom and their respective families discover their affair.

Angered and humiliated, the groom (played by Rafael Rosell), calls off the wedding. Not long after, Juliet is driven away from home by her own mother, is fired from work and is injured in a vehicular accident that renders her comatose. But in the end, and despite all the trials, Rome and Juliet’s unconventional love for each other remains strong and intense. -- Extracted from http://sheklabee.multiply.com/journal/item/54/ROME_AND_JULIET


1 comment:

readyornot said...

i feel kinda famous! thanks for the shout-out :-) i hope that one day you too will experience the slither that is the slug!

good luck finishing up finals and the quarter. you won't believe this, but i would pay to trade spaces with you. i wish i could go back to college and re-do somethings. you should listen to avenue q's i wish i could go back to college. SIGH.

hmm... i wanna ask you for movie recommendations, i am out of the loop completely!