Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Half penny post: Thanksgiving travels.

Okay we are on the road again, or more or less doing the airport hop. I'm going to do the whole trip in one multiple entry post by day / airport code so here goes:
11/27
NYC - New York
Another day another City. Happy Thanksgiving to all. I hope the cranberry sauce is fresh, the mashed potatoes are from scratch, the turkey is juicy and the pies are flaky crusted and cooked to perfection. Also hope you get a moment to think about what you are thanksful for.
My Thanksgiving feast consists of a Subway footlong and a bottle of water ... quite a hearty feast I must say.

Being that I found myself in NYC I decided to check out the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. Not a bad experience. I went North of town along 66th and the crowds were sparser over there so I got to see most of the floats and baloons ... my favorite was Sesame Street. I know I'm a grown woman, but I really enjoyed seeing Grover, Elmo and Big Bird. Incidentally Big Bird isn't that big in real life. Anyway off to watch 'I Can't Think Straight'. Lord knows how long I've wanted to see it.

Update:
Having seen ICTS, I have mixed emotions. For one having watched the youtube clips I'd already seen half the movie. Also I had the play by play down. Throw in a few lesbian / gay cliches eg KD Lang cds and it's kind of a let down. I think as far as Shamin's movies go, 'The World Unseen' rules. Now having said that I did enjoy the movie. It was a nice change of pace to see Lisa Ray being the more assertive party. Of the 2 love scenes (yes I'm going to go there) I think the second one had better chemistry and more believable, just my humble opinion. I wanted to give Thala's sister a good shake everytime she came on screen. There were one or two laugh out loud moments and a few snicker worthy ones. All in all worth a see if you have time though I'd say find The World Unseen first.

11/26
ORD - Chicago O'Hare
Bored as hell, I even had time for a nap. Then had the honor of confusing the hell out of a lady who was sitting across from me in the terminal. That almost made up for the boredom.

PHL - Philadelphia
Not bad, had to wait for eternity for the train but otherwise was good. Since I was in town early enough, I took myself on a late night tough of downtown. Can someone tell me why the city has a giant clothes peg opposite City Hall? Ridiculous I tell you. And how in all holiness is someone to survive if all the stores are closed. Not even the 24 hours CVS was open. I forgot to buy batteries for my camera so I"m relying on my phone until I find an open store.
All in all Philly is a beautiful historical city.


No comments: