Friday, February 27, 2009

Half Penny Post: Drained

Do you ever get up and just feel drained. I'm talking emotionaly, physically, everything, just plain drained. I'm coming off of the 2 craziest weeks (weekly rundown will be later today) of the year thus far and I am drained. My body is bitching at me about neglect and my mind is calling it quits. I just wanna lay in bed all day, but that is not possible. The rain is probably not helping. Aaaaaargh.

This quarter I was ambitious and almost bit off more than I could chew. My school and workload combined were not thought out properly and I've pushed myself more than I should have. I've had more tension headaches over the last month than I did all of last quarter. I rarely succumb to a full blown case of the cold / flu but last week it levelled me out. I've really gotta get that work - life - school balance. I'm not a fan of meds and so I've had to come up with alternate ways of easing the headaches. Most of the time it comes down to going to the famed happy place. In most instances it's the beach in Key West. A hot shower also helps loads.

When I get home tonight, I'm turning off my phone watching tv. I've DVRed a lot of stuff in the last 2 weeks that I want to watch. So tonight we relax and recharge batteries with TV, tea, some pizza and a Cadbury's Flake.

No comments: