Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Half Penny Post: Job search week of Feb 20

I think I'm going to document my job search as a way of maintaining accountability. My needing to post something will force me to avoid slacking as a post of I did nothing is just not good for morale. So tentatively I'll post on Wednesdays.
So this week :
  • I attended a job fair and made 6 good contacts. 2 might actually pan out into internships for the Summer.
  • I met a gentleman who gave me the name of his company contact for a Business Continuity vendor so I need to follow-up on that tonight.
  • I met with my former professor who had pointers on where I need to be looking as my field is a niche market. (Better odds for internship selection - problem is there are wayyyyy fewer internships in this field.)
  • My resume got a full face lift.
  • Attended a goal setting workshop.
Ty

No comments: