Monday, May 18, 2009

Half Penny Post: Wayyy too much energy

I've been running in what I've come to call a heightened state of awareness since last Wednesday. I am practically bouncing off of shit. Once in a while, okay more often than not, I get like this and it's actually a lil scary. It's like I've downed too much sugar or caffeine and can't stay still. When I get like this, hide your daughters because I can and will put my mack foot forward.

Prime example was today after service. A couple of college students get together once or twice a month after church and we just sit and talk. Today we watched the movie FLOW (For the Love of Water) which I'll do a separate blog post on. Anyway I got there about half an hour early and was reading when a new student to the group showed up. Don't hate me for putting this first but she was hot, looks were all I had to go on at the time. We started chatting and turns out she is articulate too. She is a masters in writing student where I also happen to go to school. I hit detective mode and asked questions left right and center. Dang its been a while since I've so thoroughly enjoyed finding out about a person. O did I mention that she was hitting every single point on my checklist? Alas when we finally hit the crucial point she turned out to be straight. God's got jokes and he sure got a good laugh out of this one. Needless to say I now have an acquaintance.

This is the most relaxed that I've been in a while by the way. You might not think so given the extra energy, but I am feeling a lot less stressed. I spent 2 hours outside walking, an hour of which was spent out along the lake.

Side note: the side effect of all this extra energy is a case of extreme randiness. If that word in not part of your vocab, look up randy in the urban dictionary.

1 comment:

readyornot said...

awwww, she's straight. lol. familiar tale here.

where'd you find all that energy? could you send me some?!

that's cool that you like the peeps enough to hang with them after service.

sheena