First off thanks to Evolving for the pep talk. I really needed it. I am happening to the world and not the other way around.
The people who read the blog probably know more about what's going on in my head than anyone else. To the general public I come off as the confident competent Tech. I am sure of who I am and where I am going. In short they meet my representative. We all have representatives. Here on this blog I am able to send my rep on vacation and say what's on my mind. I am comfortable with letting my guard down and saying where I am in life. I do sometimes go back and forth on putting this much of myself out there. Yes it's a risk, but what in life isn't. It's when I get a message on fb/yt/blog/email saying how much the reader enjoys the blog or can relate to my insecurities that I know that I'm doing the right thing. As such I'll continue to put myself out there and trust that it's for a good cause.
Onto the weekly rundown:
Love & Peace
- The week ended rather well. I am good. I got to put some time in planning my move to Canada. I wrote up the first draft of my applications for the Federal Skilled Worker visa. It costs $550 to file that first and and additional $491 to file for permanent residency. I plan to do the actual filing in August after putting aside a little money.
- Currently listening to some KCI & Jojo - All My Life, Lauryn Hill / Bob Marley - Turn Your Lights Down Low ... those songs will never go out of style for me.
- Tomorrow the US takes on Honduras in football / soccer. I am in the Honduran camp for this one. I had my Honduran jersey on today and you won't believe how many people came up to me to talk about the game. Granted most assumed I was from there even though I don't speak a lick of Spanish. Downtown there was a crowd at the Double Tree which I shall assume is where the Honduran team is staying. Viva Honduras!
- One more week to go then the quarter is over. Thursday can't come soon enough.
- My sis and bro will be here next weekend ...YAY! The 3 amigos haven't ridden together in quite a while.
- I spent the earlier portion of the day out running errands and I must say it was nice to spot several queer couples out and about with kids.
- I walked home from campus this afternoon. It's about 9 miles. I walk to clear mind and to get some exercise in. I've come to think of Chicago as my home. It's definitely a city that I can see myself settling down in and raising a family. If I leave the city at the end of my current tenure, I will definitely be back. I love the rhythm of it, the sights, the sounds, the smells (well in select portions of town), the diversity, the 1001 restuarants that one has to try, the queer community ... I just love it.
- Anyway I've gotta leave you with the lyrical genius that is Lauryn Hill, taken from Turn Your Lights Down Low.
Loving you is a like a song I replay
Every three minutes and thirty seconds of every day (Uh)
And every chorus (Uh) was written for us to recite (Right)
Every beautiful melody of devotion every night
This potion might, (Uh)this ocean might (Uh) carry me (Uh)
In a wave of emotion to ask you to marry me
And every word, every second, and every third
Expresses the happiness more clearly than ever heard (Uh)
And when I play ‘em, every chord is a poem
Telling the Lord how grateful I am because I know him
The harmonies (Word) possess a sensation similar to your caress (Uh)
If you asking then I'm telling you it's yes (Yes, yes)
Stand in love, take my hand and love Jah bless