Friday, June 19, 2009

Half Penny Post: Weekly Rundown

Tis Friday yet again and dare I say it has been a beautiful week.
  • Week started with the sibs being in town and progressed on a more positive trajectory.
  • Chicago Summer Dance has started up again so I get to enjoy free dance lessons on Thurs & Fri after work. Its in the park and open to everyone so you really need to have a carefree attitude to go dancing. Some people show up just to watch. You have to be willing to flub and dance with strangers in broad daylight. Yesterday we had the Argentine tango and as I'm single I took myself onto the dancefloor. I met a nice lady who agreed to partner with me as her husband had not arrived. Tonight we had Salsa and Cha cha cha. I got the salsa part down with no problems but the cha cha cha threw me for a loop. I was in the middle of the crowd and didn't care who saw me screw up. I had a helluva lot of fun. There were enough of us laughing at ourselves when we got lost coming out of the turns. I am still a bit stiff when I dance as I've had no reason to practice so the classes are a great help.
  • Today was one of my fav days at work. We got the ofc ready for a the new advisor who is coming in and nothing else really. We played name the capital cities after finding a globe in the back and it was a lot of fun.
  • I've spoken to my ma more times this week than I have in the past month. I've also spoken to half my cousins on my mom's side as well. Gotta love the not so subtle hints on marriage.
  • I'm taking 2 weeks off from job hunting and will pick up again after July kicks off. I'm regrouping and looking at where I'm headed. I know what I want and might need to rework the strategy a lil.
  • I went on a lake cruise on Tuesday with the rest of the graduating international students and had a blast. My former supervisor was there and we sat at the same table. He and I have the same sense of humor and we are constantly cracking each other up. The seafood ravioli was to die for and the bread pudding was to murder for. Good meal and good company, what more can one ask for?
  • Chi weather has been going back and forth and one minute it's spring, the next it's not. Blah. I got hosed by rain today on my way to work. It's a good thing that I had the foresight to pack a change of shirt in my backpack. Today's weather was the weather that makes you want to cuddle with your honey in bed while eating cereal and listening to some laid back RnB, some old school Donnell Jones, Case, Joe Thomas, Isley Brothers,Temptations, India Arie etc. I had everything except for the honey. Not a bad deal overall.
  • The Lovers and Friends Show is back with Ep. 6. They are posting it in 3 installments. I LOVE the Tori & Mercedes montage in part one. Watch part one here.
Have a good weekend folks! BTW , if there is anything you would like me to write about just send me a note. I have a lil more free time this summer so I look forward to posting more often.

No comments: