Friday, June 12, 2009

Half Penny Post: Weekly Rundown

Quarter's out!!!!!!! Life's good for the next 72hours.
This week's rundown is as follows:
  • I have 3 classes to go before I finish my program. Summer's going to be a lil interesting.
  • I am walking with the rest of the graduates on Sunday and am yet to try on the gown. I'll try and remember to post a photo of me gowned up. What genius decided that we need to graduate at 8am?
  • My sis' paperwork came through yesterday so that is one less thing that I have to worry about.
  • Our office suite has an IT project that they are kicking off in 2 weeks and I'm lobbying mighty hard to be allowed to participate. It's not directly in our office so there's a bit of politicing involved but thus far I have 2 yeses. I need my supervisor's boss to agree and speak to the other department head so that I am allowed to participate. It'd be a great learning opportunity for me.
  • The lesson of the day is that 80 proof vodka is not to be taken lightly. That stuff will *beep* you over even on a full stomach. After submitting my last paper I had to celebrate and vodka beat out wine.
  • On my way home I watched a fight break out. I didn't realised the windmill fighting technique was still in use till I saw the 2 guys have at it. Talk about the woosiest fight ever.
  • On AfterEllen they have a forum post called When was the last time that you said damn. This time of year, that seems to be something that comes crosses my mind more often than not. It does occasionally make for a very long night esp if I've been out with some friends.
  • I happened upon an ad that is a hair old ('06) and it's for Provoceteur skivvies. Hottt dammnnn! It's got Kylie Minogue and if you haven't seen it check it out here. I love the ending whereby she challenges the men in the audience to stand up after watching her. Hell I would not have stood up if I was in that crowd... don't believe me, watch it for yourself.
  • I am in a good place right now. Randy as hell but otherwise good.
Love and peace.

1 comment:

readyornot said...

i'm gonna have to look up the windmill fighting technique, because if it's what i think it is there is no way people use it can expect to win! congrats on the enf of the quarter & walking :-)