Friday, January 30, 2009

Half Penny Post: Weekly rundown

Tis Friday yet again ... the days are going by so fast. This week's highlights or low lights depending on how one chooses to look at them:
  • The weather doesn't seem nearly as bad now. The -30F cold spell a few weeks ago put a lot of my weather issues into perspective. That's not to say it's not hella cold.
  • I spent the better part of this week really stressed and frustrated and we're talking loss of appetite and general insomnia. Being a student has its downsides and I think I hit every bump in the road of education this week. Today I'm relatively relaxed and looking forward to spending the evening relaxing.
  • We're still waiting on my ma's paperwork. The High Commission requested additional paperwork which was faxed in this morning so we wait yet again.
  • Zimbabwe's leaders formed a "coalition" government. BS sayeth I. I'll believe it when Morgan is sworn in as prime minister. Also it seems some zimbas feel that the MDC sold out when they signed the agreement.
  • Zimbabwe is officially using foreign currency as opposed to the local currency. I hear the ink used for printing the money is worth more than the value it is supposed to denote.
  • Jenn & Dee recapped TLW 6.2.
  • CherryBomb's also up.
  • I'm pissed that The Chart is no longer around.
  • Still waiting on Ep 5 of the Lover and Friends show. They need to put that episode up soon coz they promised to hook us up in January. There's one day left in January.
  • I love being queer, I jus hate the way some people react to that aspect of my life.
Today's wise words: Forget the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey instead!

1 comment:

readyornot said...

you need a nice, warm meal methinks. fingers crossed that your mom's papers go through sooooon.

sheena