Friday, December 26, 2008

Travel: Big Easy

72F Amen! Hossana! Hallelujah! A sun tan ... double Amen! Yes I made it to the Big Easy. I spent one glorious afternoon in the sun taking in the scenery. Well evening as well if I'm going to be honest... Bourbon Street anyone?

We got here on a wing and a prayer BTW. It took 3 tries to find a plane for us this morning. 1st plane needed maintenance. 2nd plane was flown in from Philly but first needed maintenance in Philly. It arrived and broke down at the gate. Jesus must've been in on that one as we would not have fared so well if it had broken down mid flight. Anyway 3rd plane was finally brought in and we were out of there, an hour and a half late.

I hope you all enjoyed a hearty holiday feast. I ended up fasting instead of feasting. Not that I was on a religious bent or anything .... I simply could not find a place to eat in New Orleans. 99% of all eating spots were closed :(. Even Emeril's was closed and I was soooo looking forward to his gumbo. I finally found a spot on some side road that sold Po' Boys and I got a spicy sausage one. Not the best tasting sandwich but it sure as hell was filling :D.

I made it out to Algiers Point where we did some work after Katrina stopped by. The neighborhood looked quite different. The houses were repainted and all looked vibrant. Families were on the porches and it just brought a smile to my face.

Back to the cold weather ... Happy Boxing Day!

No comments: