Thursday, December 11, 2008

Voices of Witness: Christian LGBT in Africa

An excerpt from an email by Reconciling Ministries of which I am an active member is below. This is a cause that is near and dear to my heart. I believe that we should all be allowed to worship and serve our Deity of choice and in my case I would like to do it as a United Methodist. Reconciling Ministries Network is a national grassroots organization that exists to enable full participation of people of all sexual orientations and gender identities in the life of the United Methodist Church, both in policy and practice.
Voices of Witness
Integrity USA's Voices of Witness, stories of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Christians in Africa, premiered at the Lambeth Conference on July 23, 2008. Times Online introduced the video in an article titled, Lambeth Diary: Gay Africans tell their stories.
Behind the Mask
Behind the Mask, through journalistic activism, strives to mainstream lesbian, gay,
bisexual, transgendered, and intersex (LGBTI) interests and to change negative attitudes towards homosexuality and same-sex traditions in Africa.
Below is a preview of Voices of Witness: Africa which is currently in production. Please consider making a donation towards its completion at VOW: Africa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi just found your blog which I haved added to my blog roll and would like to introduce you to mine. BlackLooks where I write extensively on African LGBTI issues

You can check my LGBTI posts under the category or through this link.

http://www.blacklooks.org/category/lgbti

In solidarity and welcome

Sokari